Databricks: Director of Product Marketing, Data Engineering
Databricks provides the most capable end-to-end data platform for customers today. From data ingestion, to data pipelines, to data lakes, to data consumers, Databricks helps data teams of engineers, data scientists, and business analysts within organizations like Shell, Comcast, Conde Nast, H&M, Cerner, and Riot Games and find and expose insights quickly across their organization.
One of the most interesting innovations by Databricks has been Delta Lake, now an open source project with the Linux Foundation. Delta Lake brings reliability, performance, and lifecycle management to data lakes, and we think it’s going to have a material impact for customers who are pursuing advanced analytics and machine learning. There’s huge potential with this technology, and owning the strategy for it is a big part of this role.
This is a highly visible role with the opportunity to do big things. If you have a demonstrated track record of delivering impactful results and bringing new ideas to the table to tackle tough challenges, let’s talk.
- Develop and lead a team of product marketing managers singularly focused on making data engineers, data scientists, and business analysts successful by taking advantage of the tools and capabilities provided by Databricks.
- Dive deep on the data engineering landscape to own and deliver the end-to-end marketing strategy. Establish crisp, compelling messaging, and scale it through marketing campaigns and programs.
- Think big about new ways to inspire data teams and demonstrate how Databricks can help customers be more successful.
- Collaborate and earn trust with our Product Management, Engineering, Business Development, Sales, and Field Marketing organizations to deliver global impact.
- Define how we measure long term market success and provide clear measurement of progress to Databricks executive leadership on how we’re doing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science. MBA and/or computer science, engineering, technology background is preferred
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing
- 5+ years of experience in managing/growing a product marketing team
- Experience in data engineering, data science, or analytics is an advantage
- Experience building and managing high performing teams
- Demonstrated product marketing skills for creating messaging and content
- A history of creating and executing successful marketing programs
- Ability to build relationships, manage and influence stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience positioning technical products to both technical and business buyers
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the data and AI company. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks simplifies data and AI so data teams can collaborate and innovate faster. More than five thousand organizations worldwide —including Shell, Conde Nast and Regeneron — rely on Databricks as a unified platform for massive-scale data engineering, collaborative data science, full-lifecycle machine learning and business analytics. Venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco (with offices around the globe) Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.