Databricks: Senior HR Business Partner
In this role, you will own working through complex organizational challenges by partnering with our leadership across the Engineering organization as a strategic thought partner, consultant, and owner of talent strategy and people initiatives for the function. Our people is one of our largest priorities which is why one of four cultural values is Teamwork Make the Dream work. As the Senior People Partner you will own a variety of duties to assist our Engineering teams in the operation and execution of People processes, programs and functions in alignment with the Company’s overall principles, values, regulations and policies, to help create a global, diverse, high performance work environment.
- Implement, facilitate, and manage core People programs, policies and procedures for the Engineering teams (to include but not limited to performance management, compensation, benefits and rewards, development programs, and change management)
- Serve as a consultant to the business through trusted partner relationships with the Engineering and Product leadership, delivering impact against priorities that will benefit the business and employees
- Create and drive change management and thoughtful learning programs and trainings to drive organizational health
- Use data and insights to build and align a talent strategy to drive our business goals
- Deliver on initiatives and goals through thoughtful organizational planning and project management
- Serve as a liaison between the business and our central people ops team; articulate business strategic priorities for people initiatives back to the central teams to ensure centralized programs and policies are built in support of the business
- Provide support and consultation across the People team
- Manage employee relations issues that includes and are not limited to participation in investigations, handling employee disciplinary issues, and performance management meetings
- People Partner and/or People-related background that shows proven success as a strategic partner
- In-depth knowledge of HR practices and legal requirements
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientation and a sense of humor
- Ability to deal with quick change and to drive change management
- Competency in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas and instructions though strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use data to support and make decisions, articulate the business reasons and program ideas to the management team
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs and Sheets
- Experience working with Engineering and related functions in a fast-growing software organization; working knowledge of Engineering and Product compensation.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Databricks is the data and AI company. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Delta Lake and MLflow, Databricks simplifies data and AI so data teams can collaborate and innovate faster. More than five thousand organizations worldwide —including Shell, Conde Nast and Regeneron — rely on Databricks as a unified platform for massive-scale data engineering, collaborative data science, full-lifecycle machine learning and business analytics. Venture-backed and headquartered in San Francisco (with offices around the globe) Databricks is on a mission to help data teams solve the world’s toughest problems. To learn more, follow Databricks on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.