Imply: Software Engineer – Backend/Node.js
Imply is behind a data platform that’s used at some of the largest companies in the world to answer complex questions from trillions of events and data points in less than a second. To power our platform, we build and maintain Apache Druid, an open-source real-time analytical database used at thousands of companies. Our customers use Imply to answer questions from “What do tweens in North Carolina who listen to Justin Bieber like to buy“ to “What updates to our infrastructure have caused the CPU to spike when some customers from Europe hit our servers” to “Why are we seeing an increase in traffic going through our backbone from Japan as opposed to being routed internally?”
We are a collaborative and supportive team. We measure our individual success by how well our team does and by how well we push each other to grow professionally. We believe teams should have significant say in what they build and how, and therefore should be responsible for the eventual success of what they’re building, whether it’s in ensuring customers can use it or sales people can sell it or support people can support it. As part of Imply, you’ll get exposure and ownership over how whatever you build fits not just with the rest of the product but with the rest of the org.
We’re looking for talented Software Engineers who are passionate about user interfaces and want to reduce complexity while improving ease of use. You will have the chance to work on a project that impact thousands of companies and people, making it easier for them to make insightful decisions based on data.
You might work on:
- Visualizations and a user experience that enable users to navigate vast troves of data and get answers to complex questions
- UIs for managing, monitoring, and operating large clusters of a distributed system
- UIs for easily loading and ingesting large amounts of data from different sources, real-time and batch
- Services that implement scalable APIs supporting the user experience
Ideal experience and skills:
- Solid understanding of how web services and REST APIs work
- Experience building dashboarding or BI tools
- Experience with React.js or D3.js
- Experience with full-stack development using NodeJS and Express
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field (or equivalent professional work experience).
- A history of open-source contributions is a plus
Imply is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.