We are seeking a hands-on Senior Consultant who enjoys architecting & designing solutions to complex business requirements. The ideal candidate is ready to tackle the transactional & analytical challenges that come in working with massive amounts of constantly changing data and excels at captivating an audience with deep technical and domain knowledge.
Location: This is a remote position with travel. Candidates may be based anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
• Provide advisory services and help GridGain customers architect the right solution to their business use-cases by building and utilizing your deep understanding of big data and in-memory computing technologies
• Architect, implement and configure the GridGain Ignite platform on customer sites to support the required performance, scale, reliability and availability
• Utilizing your hands-on technical skills, help customers get to the root cause of unexpected platform behavior and debug/resolve complex technical issues
• Build a mutually trustworthy relationship with GridGain customers based on deep understanding of their business drivers, strategic goals, technical challenges and your desire and ability to provide the optimal technical advice and guidance
• Leverage your experience and proximity with customers and work closely with Product Management, Engineering and Customer Support staff to identify, document and help resolve technical issues and product feature/functionality gaps
• Support and help grow the open source community through your participation in meet-ups, design/code camps and technical speaking engagements
Skills & Requirements:
• B.S. in Computer Science or related field
• Deep hands-on experience writing complex, distributed, multi-threaded JEE applications
• Experience architecting and implementing highly scalable, highly transactional, multi-datacenter and secure applications
• Hands-on experience in working with various RDBMS, NoSQL, NewSQL technologies, including but not limited to Apache Ignite, Apache Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB and 3rd party platforms like DataStax, DataSynapse, etc.
• Solid understanding of web services, micro-services architecture, messaging platforms and technologies
• Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies as well as various security protocols, design patterns and technologies
• Familiarity with cloud-based architectures and deployments in AWS, Azure or other public/private cloud infrastructures
• Development experience in Agile and waterfall methodologies
• Solid problem solving, analytical abilities, consulting and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business and in a global and regional team environment
• Strong customer focus and relationship management skills
• Self-organized and able to thrive under pressure
• Willingness to travel within the US and internationally, for up to 75% of your time