The Senior Solutions Consultant is a senior technical position within the Professional Services organization acting as a technical lead on Databricks Professional Services engagements. Your technical leadership will oversee the successful design and delivery of innovative solutions for our strategic customers. Your insights gained as a result will also form a part of the continuous improvement of our core offerings, solutions and their associated roadmaps. Our Solutions Consultants think and act strategically in the best interests of long-term customer success and are obsessed with delighting our customers by realizing quantifiable business value. Solutions Consultants invest significant time developing re-usable project artifacts and associated best practices which are made readily available for others to share and collaborate on.
- Demonstrate technical leadership in the area of big data and AI – internally and externally
- Provide technical thought leadership on our strategic customer engagements
- Facilitate technical thought leadership workshops, discovery and design sessions, customer requirements gathering and scoping for new and existing strategic customers
- Assist the Professional Services leader and project managers with level of effort estimation and mitigation of risk within customer proposals and statements of work
- Architect, design, develop, deploy, operationalize and document complex and high profile strategic customer engagements individually or as part of an extended team as the technical lead and overall authority
- Assure that Databricks best practices are being leveraged within all projects and that our quality of service and implementation is strictly adhered to
- Knowledge transfer, enablement, coaching and mentoring of other team members, customers and/or partners
- Provide thought leadership to the consulting org, deliver best practices in client engagement to the internal teams
- Hands-on Big Data technologies (Hadoop ecosystem, Kafka, NoSQL databases), with referenceable time working with Apache Spark.
- Strong background in enterprise technologies, with proven success in completing 2-3 full life cycle projects.
- Deep technical knowledge & comfortable coding in Python, Scala or Java.
- Familiarity with Azure/AWS/EC2 cloud deployment models (Public vs. VPC)
- Familiarity with GCP a plus
- Ability to analyze large and complex environments and requirements and translate these to a solution design.
- Prior experience working with teams across a diverse geographic area
- Self-starter, challenger, strategic planner, analytical thinker
- Ability to encourage/persuade through presentation of a well-structured argument (Verbal or written)
Databricks’ mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.