The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence provides services in AI technologies to Bosch’s business units and plants. Artificial intelligence technologies are impacting Bosch’s products and services in many domains: manufacturing, predictive maintenance, vehicle diagnostics, supply chain, large-scale simulations, etc. This is a technical position for someone who is skilled at bringing together disparate technologies to solve business problems. Our team is responsible for streaming Bosch data to centralized analytics platforms and building data-based services for a wide variety of Bosch engineering and research teams. We are looking for a talented engineer who is passionate about building fault-tolerant data services and analytics tools. Your work will be used by hundreds of Bosch engineers and have global impact by improving the quality and value of Bosch products.
• Collaborate with other data scientist and data engineers to design, prioritize and implement new features for our AI software products to solve real customer problems
• Write clear, maintainable and tested code
• Develop software that can scale efficiently for big data applications running on Hadoop based clusters.
• Up to 10% travel may be required.
• MS in computer science, electrical and computer engineering or related field
• 2+ years’ experience with Python (Scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy)
• Prior experience with at least one of the following: Java, Scala, C/C++
• 1+ year experience developing and operating customer-facing data services
• 1+ year experience using distributed systems to process large volumes of data (e.g. Apache Spark / Hadoop)
• Prior experience with software shipping cycles – development, deployment, – and open source contributions preferred
• Proficient with Linux & Bash scripting
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience integrating probabilistic, statistical and/or machine learning methods into user facing software products
• Basic understanding of machine learning algorithms and feature engineering.