Two Sigma: AI Research Scientist
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are looking for creative experts who are interested in applying general machine learning and specifically deep learning techniques to many types of problems, but particularly those with large amounts of noisy data.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop effective techniques and infrastructure, from the initial idea to the running prototype and product
- Similar to a research environment, you will write code, use the latest machine learning tools, run experiments, and generally develop techniques and processes to improve our understanding of how financial data influences the world around us
- Partner with teams across Two Sigma to implement your ideas into their products
- Remain connected to the broader research community by partnering with internal and external collaborators and participate in relevant conferences
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM field
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C++, Tensorflow, PyTorch or similar languages
- Internships/work experience with machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning
- Background in machine learning techniques with large amounts of noisy data, curiosity in applying it to financial problems
- Relevant research experience (publications at NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR or similar are preferred)
- Experience with cloud environments and multi-machine setups
- Participation in open source community
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.