Training Services Schedule
This Schedule sets forth terms related to the Training Services and is incorporated as part of the Master Cloud Services Agreement (“MCSA“). The MCSA and this Schedule, together with any other Schedules that reference or are otherwise incorporated into the MCSA, and any accompanying or future Order Form you enter into with Databricks issued under the MCSA, comprise the Agreement. This Schedule will co-terminate with the MCSA. Other Schedules do not apply to the services ordered under this Schedule unless expressly referenced as being applicable. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Schedule have the meaning assigned to them in the MCSA.
- Additional Definitions.
- “Course” means an instance of either Instructor-Led Training Services or Self-Paced Training Services.
- “Course Materials” means the training materials and other information and content provided by Databricks in conducting the Training Services.
- Generally. Databricks may provide, as set forth in an Order Form, certain Training Services, delivered (i) by instructors (“Instructor-led Training Services”), either in person or online-only; or (ii) as a self-paced online training course (“Self-Paced Training Services”). If we have agreed to provide you with Training Services, we will provide qualified training personnel and/or suitable training materials. You will make available to Databricks any materials Databricks reasonably requires to perform the Training Services, but unless agreed between the parties in writing, will not provide Databricks any Customer Data for use with the Training Services.
- Instructor-led Training Services. If we have agreed to provide you with Instructor-led Training Services, except as otherwise mutually agreed upon by the parties, you will, as reasonably applicable: (i) provide qualified personnel to assist in coordinating and implementing the Instructor-led Training Services; (ii) provide Databricks with access to your sites and facilities (or temporary off-site facilities) during normal business hours and as otherwise reasonably required by Databricks to perform the Instructor-led Training Services; (iii) provide Databricks with such working space and office support (including access to telephones, photocopying equipment, and the like) as Databricks may reasonably request; and (iv) perform your duties and tasks as may be reasonably required to permit Databricks to perform the Instructor-led Training Services, including any such duties and tasks that may be set forth in an Order Form.
- Self-Paced Training Services. Databricks may make available certain Self-Paced Training Services. Unless otherwise set forth in an Order Form or when signing up for a Self-Paced Training Service, the Self-Paced Training Services will expire 12 months from the earlier of purchase or activation and are licensed on a per-user basis.
- Course Materials.
- Ownership of Course Materials. Databricks retains all Intellectual Property Rights and all other proprietary rights related to the Course Materials. You will not delete or alter the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices or markings appearing within the Course Materials as delivered to you. You agree that the Course Materials are provided on a non-exclusive basis and not sold. You further acknowledge and agree that portions of the Course Materials, including but not limited to the source code and the specific design and structure of individual modules or programs, constitute or contain trade secrets and other Intellectual Property Rights of Databricks and its licensors.
- Course Materials License. Databricks grants a limited, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, license to the Course Materials, solely for the internal educational use by individuals who attend a training course (“Students”). Unless indicated by a Databricks instructor, Students are permitted to retain any Course Materials provided to Students during the Course for continued learning by such Student following the conclusion of the Course. For the avoidance of doubt, Course Materials may not be used other than by the Students who received them, and may not be shared with individuals who did not attend a Course.
- Expenses. Customer will reimburse Databricks for reasonable travel expenses. Customer is responsible for all training venue expenses.
- Compliance with your Onsite Access Policies. If, in the course of providing Databricks Services, Databricks personnel go onsite at your premises, Databricks will require such personnel to comply with your commercially reasonable onsite access policies that have been provided by you to such personnel reasonably in advance. For the avoidance of doubt, no such policies will be deemed to modify the terms of the Agreement.
- Use of Workspace during Performance of Training Services. You may be required to use a Workspace in order to receive the benefit of the Training Services. Your use of the Workspace constitutes acceptance of the Platform Services terms of the MCSA unless the Workspace is provided as part of a Databricks Powered Service, in which case your use of the Workspace constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions governing such Databricks Powered Service. If the Workspace is created for you by Databricks, it may be terminated following the conclusion of the Training Services without prior notice or any liability to you unless you enter into an Order Form with Databricks for its continued use.
Last Updated March 28, 2022. For earlier versions, please send a request to email@example.com (with “Schedule Request” in the subject).