Introduction to SQL on Databricks
Learn the benefits of using and get hands-on practice with Spark SQL on Databricks.
Databricks, a managed platform for running Apache Spark, provides a premier environment for processing SQL workloads. Spark SQL is a Spark module for structured data processing. It can act as a distributed SQL query engine, enabling queries to run up to 100x faster on existing deployments and data. Users with a classical SQL background can immediately begin to work in the Databricks SQL environment. Using Spark SQL on Databricks has multiple advantages over using SQL with traditional tools.
- Compare Spark SQL on Databricks to other SQL tools.
- Describe basic Spark Architecture.
- Copy and run queries in a Databricks notebook.
- Explain how common functions and Databricks tools can be applied to upload, view, and visualize data.
- Identify steps to access the Spark UI from an error message.
- Beginning experience working in Databricks
- Beginning experience working with business intelligence tools is helpful
- This course is part of the SQL Analyst learning path.
Proof of completion
- Upon 80% completion of this course, you will receive a proof of completion.