San Francisco, as a cosmopolitan metropolis, has its draw not only to artists and tourists but engineers and high-tech entrepreneurs.
So, get ready for the largest big data community gathering dedicated to Apache Spark!
Spark Summit 2016 will be held from June 6-8 at the Union Square Hilton in San Francisco, and the recently released agenda features a stellar lineup of community talks led by top engineers, architects, data scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and analysts from UC Berkeley, Duke, Microsoft, Netflix, Oracle, Bloomberg, Viacom, Airbnb, Uber, CareerBuilder and, of course, Databricks. There’s also a full day of hands-on Spark training, with courses for both beginners and advanced users.
As the excitement around Spark continues to grow, and the rapid adoption rate shows no signs of slowing down, Spark Summit is growing, too. More than 2,500 participants are expected at the San Francisco conference, making it the largest event yet.
Join us in June to learn more about data engineering and data science at scale, spend time with other members of the Spark community, attend community meetups, revel in social activities associated with the Summit, and enjoy the beautiful city by the bay.
Sign up by April 8th to save $200 with the early bird rate.
Something for Everyone
Developer Day: (June 7)
Aimed at a highly technical audience, this day will focus on topics about Spark dealing with memory management, performance, optimization, scale, and integration with the ecosystem, including dedicated tracks and sessions covering:
- Keynotes focusing on what’s new with Spark, where Spark is heading, and technical trends within Big Data
- Five technical tracks, including Developer, Data Science, Spark Ecosystem, Use Cases & Experiences, and Research
- Office hours from the Spark project leads at the Expo Hall Theater
Enterprise Day: (June 8)
For anyone interested in understanding how Spark is used in the enterprise, this day will include:
- Keynotes from leading vendors contributing to Spark and enterprise use cases
- Full day-long track of enterprise talks featuring use cases and a vendor panel
- Four technical tracks for continued learning from Developer Day
With more than 90 sessions, you’ll be able to pick and choose the topics that best suit your interests and expertise.
The full schedule is online, and some of the sessions to look for include:
- Structuring Spark: Dataframes, Datasets and Streaming (Michael Armbrust, Databricks)
- Deep Dive into Structure Streaming (Tathagata Das, Databricks)
- Re-architecting Spark for Performance Understandability (Kay Ousterhout, UC Berkeley)
- Getting the Best Performance with PySpark (Holden Karau, IBM)
- Netflix – Productionizing Spark on Yarn for ETL at Petabyte Scale (Ashwin Shankar and Nezih Yigitbasi, Netflix)
- Spark Uber Development Kit (Kelvin Chu, Uber)
- Large Scale Multimedia Data Intelligence and Analysis on Spark (Quan Wang, Baidu)
- Understanding Memory Management in Spark for Fun and Profit (Shivnath Babu and Mayuresh Kunjir (Duke University)
Don’t forget the Spark Training workshops on June 6. There will be three hands-on courses with labs hosted in Databricks:
- Spark Essentials for those getting started.
- Exploring Wikipedia with Spark for advanced users who want to take a deeper dive.
- Data Science with Spark for software developers, analysts, engineers and data scientists.
Get Tickets Online