Zillow is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join a growing world-class data science and engineering team dedicated to the newly launched Zillow Offers product: https://www.zillow.com/offers/
Zillow Offers is an initiative at the core of Zillow’s evolution, focused on defining and transforming the future of real estate. We aim to make it simple to buy and sell homes, by giving consumers certainty and control and sparing them the tremendous stress of the traditional process. We are a collaborative team of Applied Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Software Engineers designing and building the machine learning platform that serves as the backbone of the Zillow Offers product.
• Provide technical leadership to a strong team of data scientists, engineers, and analysts.
• Design and code highly scalable, machine learning applications processing large volumes of data.
• Collaborate with others in crafting and implementing your technical vision.
• Follow agile processes with a focus on delivering production-ready testable code in small iterations.
• Participate in the entire development lifecycle, from concept to release.
• Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution.
About the role
Our mission is to create unique content and features powered by sophisticated analytics and machine learning technologies atop Zillow’s unparalleled living database of all homes and hundreds of millions of customers. We are responsible for cutting-edge machine learning products such as the Zestimate®, Personalization, Advertising, and Premier Agent® Analytics, deep learning, computer vision and other new ventures. Building consumer-facing products powering Zillow’s industry-leading online marketplace puts the team and this role at the core of Zillow’s mission to empower the consumer. We build highly parallelized, big data, machine-learning applications in the cloud. Small team = big impact. Zillow product development is highly decentralized in order to create the small team speed and autonomy of a start-up environment but backed by big company resources. Fast-moving, developer-driven organization full of brilliant and ambitious people. Learn more about what we are doing at https://www.zillow.com/data-
Who you are
• 4-7 years software development experience with highly scalable systems involving machine learning and big data.
• Expertise with data analysis languages such as Python, Scala, or R.
• Experience with Hadoop and Spark, or equivalent Cluster Computing/MapReduce Frameworks, is required.
• Experience with a Cloud Computing Platform (such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
• Experience with modern source control (Git, Hg, SVN).
• Applicants should have a degree (MS+) in a Computer Science or related discipline.
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world. Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day. Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.