Acceptable Use Policy – Paid (Including Trial)
For the paid (including trial) version of Databricks
This Databricks acceptable use policy (“AUP”) sets forth certain restrictions relating to the access to, and use of, the Databricks Services by you or someone on your behalf under your agreement with Databricks applicable to the Databricks Services (“Agreement”). The restrictions set forth in this AUP are not exhaustive. Any capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the Agreement. This AUP may be updated by Databricks from time to time upon reasonable notice, which may be provided through the Databricks Services or by posting an updated version of this AUP. Updates of the AUP become binding, including on existing users, on the later of the date specified in the updated AUP or thirty (30) days after posting. Any modification to the AUP within an update will relate solely to restrictions on use of, and access to, the Databricks Services. Any violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your access to and use of the Databricks Services.
You shall not (and shall not permit your Authorized Users to):
- attempt to access, search, or create accounts for any of our services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces or as otherwise authorized by us;
- create multiple accounts for the purpose of extending your free trial;
- interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to interfere with or disrupt) the Databricks Services, or gain (or attempt to gain) access to any Systems that connect thereto (except as required to appropriately access and use the Databricks Services);
- use the Databricks Services to violate the security or integrity of, or otherwise abuse, any System of any party (including without limitation the Platform Services or Support Services), including but not limited to gaining unauthorized access to any System (including attempting to probe, scan, monitor, or test the vulnerability of a System), forging any headers or other parts of any message describing its origin or routing, interfering with the proper functioning of any System (including any deliberate attempt by any means to overload a System), implementing denial-of-service attacks, operating non-permissioned network services (including open proxies, mail relays or recursive domain name servers), using any means to bypass System usage limitations, or storing, transmitting or installing malicious code;
- use the Databricks Services to distribute or facilitate the sending of unsolicited or unlawful (i) email or other messages, or (ii) promotions of any kind;
- use the Databricks Services to engage in or promote any other fraudulent, deceptive or illegal activities;
- use the Databricks Services to process, store or transmit material, including any Customer Data, in violation of any Law or any third party rights, including without limitation privacy rights;
- provide a custom deployment name for your Workspace that might reasonably be considered inappropriate or that includes the trade name of any third party unless such party has provided you with express writing permission;
- disclose to any third party the results of any testing or benchmarking of the Databricks Services that you might conduct unless preapproved by Databricks in writing (except to a contractor bound to maintain the confidentiality of such information and solely for the purposes of supporting your use of the Databricks Services); or
- use the Databricks Services in any circumstances where failure could lead to death, personal injury or environmental damage, and you further acknowledge that the Databricks Services are not designed or intended for such use.
Databricks may modify custom deployment names if they are found to be in violation of this AUP.
Inactive Monthly PAYG accounts:
If an account for which Databricks is providing Monthly PAYG Services is found to be inactive, the account may be suspended or terminated by Databricks, and any Customer Content relating to such account that is stored within the Subscription Services or other Databricks Systems may be deleted. Databricks will provide at least 30 days’ notice (in accordance with the Agreement) prior to permanently deleting your account, unless we deem it reasonably necessary to suspend or terminate your account without notice. For the avoidance of doubt, if we determine that the email associated with your account is invalid (e.g., because it bounces upon our notification of inactivity), we may terminate your account without further notice.
An account may be considered inactive if:
- No Customer Authorized User has logged into the account for at least six months;
- No Customer Instructional Input was ever created within or input into the account and at least three months has passed since the account was established; or
- If your account is set up to be paid by credit card, you (i) did not provide a valid credit card number or (ii) you failed to update an expired or invalid credit card number and at least three months has passed without a valid credit card number being on file, provided that for the avoidance of doubt this provision does not limit Databricks’ right to terminate your account for non-payment relating to actual usage.
Last modified: November 12, 2020