Comcast will present a live session on their architecture for metadata and security at our upcoming Databricks AWS Cloud Data Lake DevDay. The event includes a hands-on lab with Databricks notebooks that integrate with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Services like AWS Glue and Amazon Redshift. Our partner Privacera will also show how their solution integrates with Databricks to help provide our customer Barbara Eckman, Senior Principal Software Architect, Comcast with a consistent security architecture across their AWS cloud and on-premises data lakes.
Building a Cloud Data Lake
Organizations want to leverage the wealth of data accumulated in their data lake for deep analytics insights. However, most organizations struggle with preparing data for analytics and automating data pipelines to leverage new data as data lakes are constantly updated. Making the shift to automated data pipelines can be challenging, but it’s become more urgent as the COVID-19 pandemic accelerates the move to a completely virtual workforce and collaborative problem solving.
Learn how to move from manual management of data pipelines to seamless automation in this collaborative workshop with experienced partners and customers to pave the way. >Join us Wednesday, November 11th, at 9:00 AM PST to experience a deep dive into the technology that makes up a modern cloud-based big data and analytics platform. The session provides a valuable live chat opportunity with our system architects to answer all your questions, as well as a set of Notebooks to recreate the entire journey.
Barbara Eckman, Senior Principal Software Architect, Comcast
Srikanth Venkat, VP, Product Management, Privacera
Denis Dubeau, AWS Partner Solution Architect Manager, Databricks
An overview of what you’ll learn:
- Learn how to build highly scalable and reliable data pipelines for analytics
- See how Comcast is using Privacera, Apache Atlas, and AWS Glue to provide an enterprise-wide metadata and security infrastructure
- Learn how you can make your existing Amazon S3 data lake analytics-ready with open-source Delta Lake technology
- Evaluate options to migrate current on premise data lakes (Hadoop, etc) to AWS with Databricks
- Integrate that data with AWS services such as Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Redshift, AWS Glue, and Amazon Athena, as well as leveraging your AWS security and roles without moving your data out of your account
- Understand open source technologies like Delta Lake and Apache SparkTM that are portable and powerful at any organization and for any data analytics use case
- Get a set of Notebooks that guide you through the entire session
- Network virtually and learn from your data professional peers
- Register: If you have not registered for the event, you can do so here.
- Training: If you are new to Databricks and want to learn more, check out our free online training course here.
- Learn more about Databricks on AWS at www.databricks.com/aws