Databricks Certification and Badging
The new standard for lakehouse training and certifications
Databricks Certified Data Analyst Associate
The Databricks Certified Data Analyst Associate certification exam assesses an individual’s ability to use the Databricks SQL service to complete introductory data analysis tasks. This includes an understanding of the Databricks SQL service, an ability to create and manage databases, tables and views, an ability to write basic SQL queries, an ability to create data visualizations in Databricks SQL and include them in Dashboards, and how to connect to other BI tools and and upload data to Databricks SQL. Individuals who pass this certification exam can be expected to complete basic data analysis tasks using Databricks SQL and its associated capabilities.
This certification exam will be available soon.
This certification is part of the Data Analyst learning pathway.
This certification exam is set to be released in the near future. Details about the certification exam are provided below. Please note that these details are subject-to-change.
Minimally Qualified Candidate
The minimally qualified candidate should be able to:
- Understand the basics of Databricks SQL in the Databricks Lakehouse Platform
- Use Databricks SQL to complete individual data manipulation and visualization tasks, including:
- Creating, manipulating, and managing databases, tables, and views
- Writing basic queries, including using a refresh schedule and query parameters
- Using built-in functions to aggregate and manipulate data
- Selecting and using joins
- Producing and customizing visualizations
- Creating and sharing dashboards
- Integrating BI tools with Databricks SQL using Partner Connect and manually
- Ingesting data for Databricks SQL
- Apply knowledge of Databricks SQL to answer specific BI questions
Testers will have 90 minutes to complete the certification exam.
There are 45 multiple-choice questions on the certification exam. The exact distribution of questions across high-level topics will be provided upon release of the certification exam.
Each attempt of the certification exam will cost the tester $200. Testers might be subjected to tax payments depending on their location. Testers are able to retake the exam as many times as they would like, but they will need to pay $200 for each attempt.
There are no test aids available during this exam.
The certification exam will assess the tester’s ability to use SQL. In all cases, the SQL in this certification exam adheres to ANSI SQL standards.
Because of the speed at which the responsibilities of a data analyst and capabilities of the Databricks Lakehouse Platform change, this certification is valid for 2 years following the date on which each tester passes the certification exam.
In order to learn the content assessed by the certification exam, candidates should take one of the following Databricks Academy courses:
- Instructor-led: Data Analysis with Databricks
- Self-paced (available in Databricks Academy):
- Getting Started with Databricks SQL
- Databases, Tables, and Views on Databricks SQL
- Basic SQL for Databricks SQL
- Data Visualization on Databricks SQL
- Dashboards on Databricks SQL
- How to Integrate BI Tools with Databricks SQL
- How to Ingest Data for Databricks SQL
Candidates are also able to learn more about the certification exam by taking the certification exam’s overview course (coming soon).