The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence provides services in AI technologies to Bosch’s business units and plants. Artificial intelligence technologies are impacting Bosch’s products and services in many domains: manufacturing, predictive maintenance, vehicle diagnostics, supply chain, large-scale simulations, etc. Our team is responsible for streaming Bosch data to centralized analytics platforms and building data-based services for a wide variety of Bosch engineering and research teams. We are looking for a talented engineer who is passionate about building fault-tolerant data services and analytics tools. Your work will be used by hundreds of Bosch engineers and have global impact by improving the quality and value of Bosch products.
• Design and implement fault-tolerant data pipelines to integrate large amounts of data from many diverse storage systems.
• Promote a culture of self-serve data analytics by minimizing technical barriers to data access and understanding.
• Execute complex data engineering projects that have a significant impact on Bosch global business.
• Share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas to customers, managers, and key decision makers.
• Stay current with the latest research and technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the enterprise
• Take responsibility for preparing data for analysis and provide critical feedback on issues of data integrity
• Up to 10% travel may be required.
• MS in Computer Science
• 3+ years industry experience building and operating distributed data systems in production
• 3+ years of programming experience in Scala or Java Preferred Qualifications:
• Proficient in tuning and performance optimization of Apache Spark jobs
• Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
• Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
• Experience managing and solving ongoing issues with a Spark/Hadoop cluster
• Familiarity with distributed machine learning frameworks like Spark MLlib
• Familiarity of machine learning / deep learning methods