About the team
The Zestimate team is focused on all things related to real-estate valuation, the team behind Zillow Prize, our million dollar competition to crowdsource ideas that push automated home valuation models further. The work we do is at the core of Zillow’s mission to empower the consumer and provide them with the tools to make informed decisions. You will work very closely with our Applied Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers. Not only you’ll be exposed to cutting edge research and models such as Random Forest, Deep Neural Networks, Matrix Factorization etc, you will be creating highly scalable distributed systems and services to generate Zestimates in the cloud. Learn more about what we are doing at https://www.zillow.com/data-
About the role
Zillow is looking for a strong technical contributor with a background in software development to join the Zestimate Team. This is a high-impact role as the Zestimate, Rent Zestimate and related products are some of the most sought-after content on the Zillow site and are critical to the company’s mission to create the largest, most-trusted, and vibrant home-related market in the world. As a seasoned Software Engineer, you will be responsible for all phases of the development cycle: design, implementation, testing, and release.
You will leverage your deep knowledge and experience to provide technical leadership to the team, and help them establish strong engineering discipline while taking an idea from zero to completion.
• Provide technical leadership to a strong team of Engineers and Applied Scientists
• Architect and build highly scalable distributed systems and infrastructure in the cloud.
• Collaborate with Applied Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers and cross functional teams in crafting and implementing your technical vision.
• Explore big data and machine learning techniques, and play with all the data you can get your hands on
• Follow agile processes with a focus on delivering production-ready testable code in small iterations.
• Grow your career in many possible directions Who you are
• A degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
• 4+ years of experience building highly scalable distributed systems on cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) • Deep Experience with database technologies (SQL/NoSQL/column-oriented datastores/distributed databases)
• Experience with the Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Presto/
• Experience with machine learning applications a strong plus
• Proven track record of leading and delivering large projects independently
• Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
Get to know us
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world. Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day. Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.